Wednesday, October 7, 2009

4.

Flickr is really fun to play around with. I am not much of a picture taker myself, so I have never made an account. A friend and I went through an obsession with dams and scary things of that nature, during which we consulted flickr extensively.

A few months ago, a coworker told me about the Library of Congress Commons of flickr. I find this very interesting and potentially useful for the OHS photo archives. We have already established an interactive map for one of our photo collections, and this could help expand our interactive digital presence. My final project will be based on adding a collection (or more) to flickr, to be viewed and tagged by the public. I registered OHS with the LC Commons, but have yet to get a response. I may just do an individual OHS flickr.

As far as privacy concerns go, I would not have many in regards to flickr. Anything I was concerned about for privacy reasons, I would not post on flickr. Seems pretty simple to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment