Saturday, October 10, 2009

8.



Picturetrail seems as though it would be a useful way to display pictures of goings-on at a library. I suppose it could be used to highlight photos from an archives collection, but a tool like flickr seems much more powerful for this.

It was very easy to use, perhaps slightly more so than flickr. However this comes at the cost of less functionality. The tagging option in flickr makes it miles ahead of a tool like picturetrail.

I have used photobucket to share pictures, which is similar to flickr but probably less functional. I also use google docs to share documents and do group work for one of my other LIS classes. It is very useful. I could see it used in an institutional setting as a way to share documents, especially to access them outside the institution's network.

No comments:

Post a Comment